A Day in the Life of a First-Year Teacher

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Scattered Thoughts

This is not a real update... just some thoughts floating around in my head:

*Lately, the weather in New York has been unseasonably warm and really sunny. It makes me SOOO happy. Both yesterday and today hit the mid-60's which is amazing. It's a mini-April in January! The kids can definitely see this in my teaching, as I'm EVEN MORE happier and energetic than normal and I can see it in them that they are much more enthusiastic as well.

*Like I said yesterday, some friends from high school came to visit!! They're in grad school right now but don't have classes going into this week, so they're spending some time with me! :)

*Still not quite sure what to do about Tito...

*James's behavior has gotten a little bit better, but not as much as I'd hope and definitely not by any significant amount.

*I recently discovered the intense BO some of these kids have. Eww. Middle school...

*Our class' Facebook page is going GREAT!

*Trading classrooms with another teacher can sometimes be a fun experience. I traded with a history teacher at my school because she needed my smartboard. Her room overlooks a window which brought in SUNLIGHT for the first time!!

It was a lot of fun doing this "scattered thoughts" post; I will definitely try to do more in the future. :)

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment