A Day in the Life of a First-Year Teacher

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Making treats! & Teacher Appreciation Week

Quick blog post on a Saturday night...

Tonight, I came up with the BRILLIANT (if I do say so myself) idea of "making" chocolate covered pretzels for my students Monday. They've worked so hard all year, and this is just one of the little ways for me to express my gratitude to my amazing classes.

Last week was TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK at my school. And boy, were we treated like royalty. Not only did we get amazing, FREE food every day of the week (pastas, salads, ethnic cuisine and more!), but we got recognition and tons of cards from our administration, colleagues and our STUDENTS! The administration and students were very sincere, genuine and HILARIOUS (well, the students at least...) in their cards. My students shared the memories and laughs we had this year, and our administration actually individually wrote us LETTERS (that were different for each teacher!) for Teacher Appreciation Week.

I'm starting to think it should be teacher appreciation week every week... who's with me?? :)

P.S. I'm going to look soooo wierd toting around a bag full of 150 chocolate covered pretzels to school Monday morning...

1 comment:

  1. Some of these students are so cute in their teacher appreciation letters! Those students who you would never expect to write you one write some of the most beautiful, genuine and funny letters. Really boosts teacher morale and reminds you that what you are doing really is meaningful! Keep posting - I love reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete