A Day in the Life of a First-Year Teacher

Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools Day!

It's April and spring break!!! Yet another milestone that I've reached in my first year of teaching! (I have heard numerous stories about first year teachers not even making it to spring break in NYC. Well, I did!)

What's even more special is that April Fools Day falls in spring break, which means two things:

1. I don't have to worry about silly middle-school April Fools Day jokes and pranks.
2. I get to celebrate one of my favorite days with my roomies! April Fools was a big deal back at NYU, and it's still with me now.

We're playing some hilarious (yet friendly) practical jokes on one of my roommates today. Shh! We've got five of us in a townhouse in Astoria/Sunnyside. But ya know what they say, five's a crowd! ;)

I'm also meeting some friends from high school and college this week, so that should definitely keep me busy. Besides that, I'm getting back in touch with some "mentees", inner city students who I mentored and worked with as part of the America Reads/America Counts program back when I was at NYU. They were in sixth grade then, so they're right about to start/finish high school now. It'll be great to see how they've grown!

Just thought I'd like to share these bits of my life with you! To all the NYC teachers out there, have a safe and RELAXING spring break! We all deserve it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment